Yishai Jusidman

Prussian Blue – Memory After Representation . 2010 – 2012


Yishai Jusidman . + AS/COA

In my Prussian Blue series, I address the Holocaust in painting by seeking to generate the pictorial impression of a silence as solemn and forthright as it is eloquent, thus furnishing an alternative to the fatalistic strictures that have stifled the production of works dealing with this subject.
As source material, I have gathered a number of photographs of gas chambers at different concentration camps. Some are period pictures taken after the end of the war; some others were taken after the camps had been turned into memorials and open to visitors. I deliberately have restricted myself to using three types of coloring materials that each have a direct, non-metaphorical relationship to the genocide:
Yishai Jusidman






0 comentarios :

Publicar un comentario